Saturday 11 March 2017

List of Aserger's traits - Part 1

I thought I would share this with other females/males who have Asperger's as it really resonated with me, more so even than Tania Marshall and Samantha Craft's lists (brilliant as they are).

It was compiled by a woman called Megan Hammond - My Life with Asperger's, so all credit goes to her. I am merely relating them as they may well help someone, as they did me.

* Please note that I believe that this list applies to many males also as I recognise lots of my own son in this list.

I asterisked the one about having very deep feelings because for me personally, that has been one of the most painful aspects of having this syndrome. A feeling of complete isolation and an inability to connect that feeling to anything or anyone.

The List - Part 1


  • The inability to communciate properly with others.

  • Age inappropriate behaviour and actions.

  • Quirky little habits, rituals or ritualistic actions.

  • Repetitive behaviour, obsessive actions, liking repetitive sounds, music or sequences.

  • The inability to adjust to changes in routines.

  • Trouble starting new things, without support or direction.

  • Loner, aloof behaviour which can impair relating to other people.

  • Mostly more comfortable with studying or trying to understand people on television, DVD or through books.

  • Can take things too literally.

  • The inability to judge people's character properly.

  • Obsessive about a few subjects.

  • Dramatically overreact to very simple events that don't upset other people.

  • A tendency to talk "at" people instead of "to people".

  • Can retreat into a private little world when faced with uncomfortable or new situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment