Saturday 4 July 2015

Yes - You are definitely an Aspie!

I have been on a long break from my Blog. I am sorry Blog, but I just was not sure if I was entitled to be writing you.

You see, I had a diagnosis of Asperger's which was done via Skype with a lovely Australian psychologist called Tania Marshall. At the time, I felt a sense of relief and confirmation that yes I am on the autism spectrum. In time though, the doubts started to creep in.

So I decided that I would get a second opinion and this time I would go in person and that if it was confirmed, then I would have to believe it. I think I may always carry a tiny bit of doubt, but maybe that is part of my Asperger's manifesting.

The other reason is that when I had shared my diagnosis with a few chosen people, they seemed very surprised and a few commented that I didn't seem as if I had it. So, like a dog with a bone, this thought would not leave my mind. As in most matters in my life, I take the view that others are right and I am wrong, wrong, wrong.

As Tubbs said to Edward on The League of Gentlemen. "My insides are all wrong". ;)
      

4 comments:

  1. You have perfectly summed up the way I felt/still feel too. I love your LoG quote and will always remember Tubbs eating that raw onion like an apple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have just been diagnosed by Tania as well and I also feel that she may have got it wrong?!! Can I message you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanette. Yes please do. Probably best if you can email me on crl2amb@yahoo.co.uk. It will be good to hear from you. :) Cx

      Delete