Sunday 3 January 2016

Sunday Grump from Grumpsville.

Ugh. It has been one of those days when I just haven't achieved anything.

Just seem to feel so tired and off at the moment. I just had a week off work and am due back tomorrow. Much as I enjoyed being at home (and I did very much), I have missed the people I work for and the chat.

I don't have any friends as such these days so chatting with them is really the most contact I have.
I do have chats with my sister, who is very supportive, but she is busy and well I seem to have grown out of having long conversations on the phone.

I think post Christmas is a bit like post influenza. Everything is a bit bleeurgh. As I write all this, I have in the back of my mind a nagging thought that I should be grateful (I am really) and to think of all the people who have had their homes destroyed by floods, so why should I be complaining that I feel a bit down in the dumps. Well there doesn't seem to be much I can do about any of these things, so I just have to cope within my small sphere, do the least damage I can and a bit of good (while trying not to drive those around me insane).

The most productive thing I have done today is create a door wedge. Yep, it is that boring. But I am satisfied that I did not give up. Bit of a long story but I will keep it brief. I have an old cat who if he is let wander at night goes around howling but doesn't appear to want or need anything.

After weeks of broken sleep, I decided he was best shut in the sitting room, with his tray, water and food. Trouble is, because we had to shut the door, it ended up splitting our broadband cable! You couldn't make it up really. So after having a broadband engineer out to fix it, I had to come up with another way of keeping him in. Hence opening a cupboard door in the hall and wedging it so he cannot open that.

The wedge I bought was not tall enough and kept sliding under the door. So I spent ages building it up with double sided sticky tape and then covering that with black masking tape. Finally I ended up with something that hopefully will work.

As I write this, I can imagine the horror of the cat lovers online. How cruel I am to shut him in blah blah. This is the trouble with my Asperger's. Every thought or action is crowded out by a thousand impressions and accusations of guilt. It is bloody annoying and why I find it hard to write anything.

Anyway I am having an early night tonight and hope to wake up a bit more with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment